3 Dec 2009

NYP Open House 2010 Briefing 1


The last time I have this feeling was during our SIDM orientation earlier in April this year. All the year 1s from all the six SIDM diploma courses gathering in the same room for one common purpose... During the orientation, it was to know each other better, but this time, it was for our Nanyang Polytechnic Open House 2010.

The mass Open House (OH) briefing for SIDM students was held today (2 December 2009) at 5pm in LTL3 (one of the lecture halls in School of Information Technology). The briefing was done by the awesome Ms Gail. Even though she doesn't teach any of the year 1s, we are all familiar with her because of her unique presences during our SIDM orientation. She never fails to make people smile and laugh when she does her presentation.

The briefing covered quite a lot of things. In fact, there were so many things to cover (the person in-charge of the slides must be out of his mind as there were 90 slides in the PowerPoint slides!) that Ms Gail thought she has gone through the slides twice! Some of the key things we were told include the highlights of the OH, exhibition layout, and how to serve our visitors.



I first heard that I will be helping out in the OH during our IxD semester 2 briefing, apparently our course coordinator, Mr Andrew, signed up EVERYONE in our course. I assume the other 5 course coordinators did the same thing too. That goes to show how small SIDM really is and I finally believe what my friends from the other NYP schools saying to me that SIDM is the smallest school in NYP.

I was excited to be part of the OH as I love massive events that involve a lot of people. The two e-mails (one to my private email, the other to my school email) and two SMS sent by Ms Gail confirmed that I will be helping out in the OH. What excites me the most is the Night Open House, I really wonder how does it feel to have an OH at night?

Open House Backstage:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6

No comments: