1 Sept 2009

Preface


Welcome to Merlin's Reports!

Merlin's Reports is an online version of my visual diary. It function as a pseudo-personal blog focusing on arts, design, digital media and Singapore tertiary education. My aim of having this blog is to share and encourage more people to join the emerging Interactive Digital Media (IDM) sector. I also hope that this blog will make more people appreciate arts and design more.

As a designer-in-training, having a sketchbook as a visual diary helps to keep track of my design journey. Moreover, we are required to keep one as we need to use it to do some of our homework in there. I thought that it is also a good idea to put in interesting print materials I find as visual reference and also to put in my other own artwork in there.

I realized that I could not include everything in my visual diary because my visual diary is restricted by its physical size (width, length, pages), and multimedia materials (video, audio) that could not be included and hence I decide to create the virtual visual diary. I thought my blog would be the most suitable platform to use as a visual diary as I can use my blog to share knowledge that I gain everyday as a young designer.

As of September 2009, I currently have the following visual diaries:
1. Merlin's Visual Diary (Vol. 1, 2, 3)
2. SKETCH! (Vol. 1, 2)
3. Merlin's Reports