2 Dec 2009

'O' Level is Over... Now What?


It has been more than 2 weeks since the last 'O' level papers, you probably have been to your school's Prom Night (if your school organized one) already. With your house flooded with polytechnic brochures, you are just slacking everyday at home playing with your Facebook games until goodness-knows-when. But seriously, now what? What am I suppose to do while waiting for the 'O' level results?

Well, if you are interested in studying in a polytechnic after this, I have some websites that I recommend you to visit.

If you haven't notice already, there are 5 polytechnics in Singapore. With Singapore Polytechnic holding the position of being the oldest (founded 1954), followed by Ngee Ann Polytechnic (1963), Temasek Polytechnic (1990), Nanyang Polytechnic (1992), and finally Republic Polytechnic (2003). Visit the official polytechnic website to view all the courses and their 'O' level cut-off-points (COP) or visit the individual polytechnic websites to learn more about each courses.


Polytechnic Open House websites are getting more and more flashy with each passing year. Some of them even embraced social media (e.g. Facebook and Twitter) and making short advertisement clips just to connect with you. I personally think they are trying a little bit too hard.

Anyway, all the five polytechnics will be having their Open House on the same date (7 - 9 January 2010). Timing in general is from morning to evening, with the exception of NYP that will be hosting their 2nd annual Night Open House (6 - 9 PM) on the second day, 8 January. Even though the Open House is before the release of the 'O' level results, do drop by to check out some of the courses you are interested in. Unless you are like me, as I didn't go for any of the Open House this year because I already know what courses I am interested in.



I learned about this website last year when I receive a mysterious package with only the URL itsnotmagic.com.sg and the 5 polytechnics logos on it. I think it is quite a neat website for those aspiring to be an engineering student. There are lots of information about engineering, studying engineering in the polytechnic, and even a course finder that filter your results by your interest and COP!

I will be posting more interesting links for you to visit soon, but for now, I need my beauty sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
After 'O' Level series
Part 1 | Part 2

No comments: