7 Jan 2010

My Poly, My Choice Day 1


I never really liked the cheesy tag line that polytechnics come up with and this includes my own polytechnic. Still, I guess this is the only way to communicate to secondary school students nowadays? Good thing cheesiness doesn't stopped me from helping out in Nanyang Polytechnic Open House 2010.



Went to school at 10.30 am but I wasn't given any duty until 12.30 pm so my course-mates and I slacked in the Tour Guide Command Centre. When we did get something to do, we have to wait until 2 pm where I guided Compassvale Secondary students to the Theatre For The Arts (TFA).

My 3 group mates (all of which are my course-mates) and I toured the class 5A students from School of Interactive and Digital Media (SIDM) to School of Business Management (SBM) before letting them free roam.



I am rather proud of myself today when I toured the students in my own school (SIDM). I was able to explain to them the 6 different diploma programmes and interact with them. I think the students had a lot of fun when they are at SIDM level 6 games design studio where they tried out racing game, Wii game and PS3 games created by our very own SIDM students.

After we sent the students back to their form teacher, the 4 of us went to the Auditorium and have a little fun in the SIDM booth. We went back to our classroom after we sign out our duty time. Not surprisingly, many of my course-mates are there rushing their assignments. In fact, I still had my 3D Modelling & Animation lesson at 6 pm, but because too little students turn up today, the lesson ended very early.

Open House Backstage:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6

No comments: