30 Oct 2009

Changes 2.01 And The Techno World


Access to the internet is back! Well, sort of (I borrowed my brother's mobile broadband). Anyway, I have finalize and decide to post the following topics according to the days of the week, this act only as a guide though but it is helpful so you know what to expect when you visit my blog!

Monday & Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday & Friday
Saturday & Sunday
Media & Psychology Studies
AND/OR
Digital Media & Design Commentary
Digital Media & Design Commentary
AND/OR
User-Centered Design Methodology
User-Centered Design Methodology
AND/OR
Update of the Week
Visual Arts/Design Fundamental

For Media & Psychology Studies, I will be sharing what I learned in Digital Media Studies (DMS) on the impact and significant of digital and analog media in our everyday life. For Digital Media & Design Commentary, it is basically me giving an educated opinion on either a product or service. Most of this posts will also be in my Tumblr blog as part of my User-Centered Design (UCD) assignment.

User-Centered Design Methodology will concentrated on things I learned in UCD lesson, which includes the various design process and how proper research and planning is done in the context of a designer. Finally, Visual Arts/Design Fundamental will include the stuff like the visual music exercise and information on graphic design.

Remember this is just a guide, and I might post interesting stuff (such as a museum visit and case-study) in favor of the usual stuff I will be posting. Anyway, as now is Friday, I also like to share interesting news I found on the web this week.

Photo credit: Nintendo Japan

3 days ago, Nikkei, one of the largest media corporation in Japan, said that Nintendo plans to sell 4-inch screen Nintendo DSi. That is about the same size of a PSP screen. Remember what Mr Tim Brown said in his TED video that design are getting bigger instead of smaller this days? Same can be said about Apple's new iMac. I was hoping that the buttons will get bigger, and not the screen as they are too small for my thumbs!

Update: Nintendo website have been updated to include information of the new DSi, it will be called DSi LL and it is 4.2 inches. Some netizens are wondering why would someone wants a bigger DS. But my guess is that the DS is now no longer a toy to pre-teen and teenage boys (like the GBA), but people of all age are now using it due to unique "games" like brain training and so on and the older people with poorer eyesight would appreciate the bigger screen. Gamespot have more details regarding the DSi LL.

ChannelNewsAsia have reported yesterday that the 4th public-funded university in Singapore will now be named as Singapore University of Technology and Design (SU). Having the word 'design' as part of the name excited me, until I realize the four initial degree programmes offered are all engineering-based! The four programmes are "Architecture & Sustainable Design, Engineering Product Design, Engineering Systems & System Design, and Information Engineering & Design".

I guess I will be sticking my goal to either NTU School of Art, Design and Media or NAFA for now... And in case you are wondering, we learned how to create chairs and tables for today's 3D Modelling and Animation lesson as shown above.

No comments: