17 Jan 2010

NAFA Open House 2010


My friends and I went to Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) Open House yesterday. It was quite a grand open house, we first registered and received our goodie bag before we visited one of their gallery. We then encountered one of my friend's (Hosshima) friend who is a student here at NAFA. She then toured us around the campus.



We first went to look at where the design and media students studies... Which is rather boring as it is nothing but computer labs and more computer labs. We then head down to different fine art studios, which include Western and Chinese painting, printmaking, and even the skylight studios. We also saw many exhibitions on display around the campus.



We then went to the Department of 3D Design. We saw works by the different diplomas which include Environmental, Exhibition, and Jewellery design. We then went to the sculpture and ceramics workshops before leaving.

All in all, it was a big eye-opener yesterday as I learned a lot from the various disciplines of arts and design. I will make NAFA one of my options when I graduate from Nanyang Polytechnic.

No comments: