3 Jan 2010

Apple Nation Dominating The World (1)


Apple has done it again. Its latest wave of iPhone army now have visible effects on our life ever since StarHub and M1 pierce through SingTel exclusive deal with Apple iPhone. Everywhere you go - bus stops; MRT station; shopping mall - you will bump into someone who owns an iPhone.

My classmate have one, my lecturer have one, my cousin have one, even my aunt's maid have one! This is the result of an excessive amount of brainwashing advertisement from printed and online media. I don't see why everyone got to have one of these. Whatever happens to diversity?



It is not difficult to find someone who owns an iPhone on the train. Within 1 cabinet, you can already spot 2 or 3 person using an iPhone and you can find even more when you exit the train in stations where a lot of people alight.

Perhaps that is the power of branding, but I still can't stand it when people buy random Apple product(s) just for the sake of having the product and not actually needing it. The only Apple products I have is my MacBook Pro and iPod Touch 8GB. The MacBook is obviously for me to do my schoolwork, while I bought the cheapest iPod Touch because I am aware I do not need so much space for music storage plus I need it to study about interactivity with the iPod Touch so I can design iPod/iPhone Application in the future.

My aunt's maid was surprised when she found out after buying the phone that her current phone plan does not allow her to use the internet (she merely bought the phone and not the plan) and she did not realize she needs a credit card in order to download from Apple iTune store without using special method.

No comments: