1 Jan 2010

2010 Arcade Craze


Happy new year everyone! It has been a really tough week for me as our group was rushing to get our Audio Video Production (AVP) assignment done on time.

Anyway, recently I developed an interest in collecting arcade coins and when my friend, Hosshima, wants to go there after we finish our AVP assignment, I joined her along with 2 my other friends. I thought of this as a good opportunity to learn more about video games as well. After all, some of the first few commercial video games in the 1970s were from the arcade.



We played many different games which includes 'Silent Hill: The Arcade', 'Guitar Heroes Arcade', and 'Mario Kart Arcade GP 2'. While I was playing Silent Hill, I come to understand more about horror shooter games. It simulate your will to survive because your life (and money) are stake. It is also more fun to play with someone else too.

I also played a shoot 'em up game from one of those 1990's tiny white arcade machine. It cost only 1 token to play and replay (which is considered little when compared to the more recent game) but being a terrible gamer that I am, I ended up using 4 - 5 tokens on it. It looks super retro as it is one of the few pixel-base video game titles there. The looks and feel of it reminded me of my childhood.

I had a blast yesterday and when we left the arcade at around 12.08 am, we even joked "I went to arcade last year!" I hope to go there more often with my friends next time.


All Things Video Games:

No comments: