8 Dec 2009

Progression


Today was just like any other day, tired and loaded full of work, except I actually managed to get some work done. There is Digital Media Studies 2 (DMS2) rumor exercise presentation and 3D Modelling & Animation Assignment 1... Other than these two, I did not have much luck with the other modules' assignments and homework.

Today also mark the day where I failed to get perfect attendance for this semester because of my poor judgment in taking a bus instead of train today (bus timing are usually more random compared to MRT timing) and I am late by 20 minutes for my Typography lecture. Oh well, guess I have to try again next semester. At the very least my tutorial lessons attendance are still perfect.


Video of our rumor exercise - Bees Found in NYP

For our DMS2 presentation, I think our group did alright even though we got one of the question wrong. Mr Andrew hoped that all of us would do more though, and I thought of that too but it will requires some extra time. Perhaps a lesson for me is to understand the brief and plan it properly so that we would not be panicking minutes before the presentation starts.

The thing that I am most proud of today is actually the 3D Modelling & Animation Assignment 1. Being new to 3D, I have to start from scratch and I had been struggling with this assignment for a few weeks. But thankfully, with the help of my classmate, Yiling, I am able to finish up the top cover of the laptop today! Now all that is left is the keyboard buttons and the ports on the 3 sides (left, right, back) of the laptop.

I find this module out of all of them to be the most challenging thus far, as the software used, 3ds Max, is unavailable on Mac OS (DMD students are required to use a MacBook). Not only that, this module is also one of the more technical module (the other being Audio Video Production). But I am glad that we were guided by a cool and devoted lecturer who does not really mind staying slightly late to help and explain to us things that we are unsure.  

No comments: