5 Oct 2009

Detective Shawn Artwork



I am finally done with the artwork! At first I wanted to create a new section on the blog based on this character but I thought it will take up too much time. So instead, I just create the artwork and show you guys the process of making the artwork.


These are the background work I did for this art piece. The main focus is the character Detective Shawn. I first started with a very rough sketch of a cat in detective suit and I like the idea. So I went on to do testing on his facial expression and his clothes.

At the same time, I let my imagination go wild with Shawn's background story, his family, why he wants to be a detective, and so on. Using them, I let those thoughts influences my design as well. Like his posture and the way he dress.


I then scan the final image into the computer and trace the outline in Photoshop. After that, I did the coloring directly on Photoshop and the result is the artwork seen above.

No comments: